Today, we made our decision about which ingredients we wanted to add. We wrote our recipe and measured out our dry ingredients using teaspoons, tablespoons and weighing scales – all bagged up and ready to go.
Next step was to carry out the recipe and the method, before finally pressing the mixture into the silicone moulds for the bars.
30 minutes later…see how tasty they look! So many different inventions. We can’t wait to add the packaging (that we also designed) and then finally we get to taste and evaluate them. 🙂
As the end point to our chocolate topic, we are embarking on a creative project to reinvent healthy alternatives to chocolate bars.
We started by looking at what was on offer already – we were very surprised by the amount of sugar in some of the bars we thought were healthy.
Next, we had a go at making a recipe that already exists to use as our focused practical task.
Some of us found it really tasty!
Next step, was to start thinking about how would could improve the basic recipe in order for it to fit our design brief. Watch this space for the results!
After last week’s research into boxes, their purposes, how to disassemble them and then how to create 3D shapes using nets, this week we started to design our Easter box specifically. Continue reading